Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Cat Writes Poetry

I was writing a poem yesterday and I stepped away to do something, refill my coffee or whatever, leaving the cat Katie alone in the office.

What I’d written was a perfectly nice little poem, and I’d been chugging along on it just fine. When I returned with my coffee or whatever, I found this other poem on my screen. I would like to add that I don’t talk this way or cuss this way, and I apologize in advance for her language.

Mamacita Done Gone

so there we was, her on her last legs
gaspin’ like a fish outta water

and me like I knew sometin’
rubbin’ on her bony old hand

tellin’ her C’mon, leggo, leggo,
S’awright, I gotcher back,

like that shit mattered, see?
like she could hear me, right?

when I knew all along she weren’t there
and her hand was fuckin’ empty, man,

just an empty sack-a bones
and she ain’t hearin’ none-a this shit

cuz she is gone
and this here hand-a mine

didn’t hold her good enough
to help.

shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit mattered shit matteredQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

15 comments:

Shadow said...

heee heee heeeee, what a naughty little kitty!!!! but she can write i tell ya!

Karen said...

Katie has an interesting voice, not what I've have expected from such a dainty thing, but guess what? I love it! She may not be dainty in speech, but she's right on. Shit does matter. Probably more than we know. I have to believe that, and so do you, Chris.
xoxoxo

the walking man said...

That is one smart fucking cat because this is one of the best goddamn poems I have ever read here.

Elisabeth said...

What an amazing poetry writing, cussing cat. Be careful when next you leave your keyboard unattended. You never know what you might find.

Brian Miller said...

whew...lots of emotion in this one...it did matter though...

Syd said...

That is a good one. Your cat is getting downnnnnn.

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Reminds me of the story of the chimps typing on the typewriter and eventually coming up with Shakespeare. Read some of your other posts so glad to have found your blog.
Johnina :^A

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Facinating

Anonymous said...

That cat needs an agent. I think you've just found your golden goose. - G

Dianne said...

Now I know what my cat is saying, when she gets THAT look in her eye.

I know first hand, shit matters, and so do you!
hee hee hee
Di

e said...

Katie is one smart kitty; get her a publicist...

Maude Lynn said...

What an amazingly talented cat!

Fragrant Liar said...

Dude, shit ALWAYS matters!

Unknown said...

My dogs snicker at me behind my back. At least Cat is talented! :-D too cute!

♥namaste♥

Marla said...

I figured Katie for an angry poet. Something in her eyes. :-)