Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software

Thursday, February 4, 2010

“Simple Things” Challenge


Last week I visited Christina at Soul Aperture on January 27, which happened to be her “Simple Things” day.

That’s a day when she asks her fellow bloggers to celebrate the simple pleasures of life with her. For each person who participates with a gratitude list, Christina’s family donates $1 to Doctors Without Borders for their work in Haiti.

I like the idea of celebrating our gratitude for the simple things we’re blessed with. And I love the idea of using the occasion to send financial aid to Haiti, to keep the blessings flowing.

So I asked Christina if she would mind my copying her idea. She kindly gave her permission.

I’ve randomly chosen this coming weekend, February 6 and 7, to be my own Simple Things celebration.

It’s like G-Man’s Friday Flash 55. Write on your blog on Saturday or Sunday about the simple things that bless you and include a link to my blog. Then pop in to my blog and tell me you’ve posted your “Simple Things.”

I’ll visit you, we’ll visit each other, and for each blog that participates, my family will donate $2.00 to the Heartline Ministries medical clinic in Haiti. I hope you really make me open up our checkbook here. I want to dream big. I hope that more than 50 bloggers will play along with me. Post by midnight, Pacific time, Sunday, and don’t forget to link with me and notify me that you’ve posted. You can borrow the “Simple Things” photo, which I’ve borrowed from Christina with her permission.

Make a list, write a poem, do a story, whatever floats your boat.
Here’s a haiku for starters:

Wish for human kind:
Hearts desiring forgiveness
Make the whole world smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~

23 comments:

Unknown said...

I will participate with a grateful heart. What a wonderful idea. I'm off to visit Christina's blog.

Have a serene Wednesday!

namaste

Tall Kay said...

You have such a great BIG heart! What a beautiful and generous idea.

Brian Miller said...

nice. will get back to you if i join up...love the simple things.

clean and crazy said...

awesome idea!! i will try to make time to post this weekend for this wonderful cause!! i have many simple things i am grateful for today and i am so blessed with this gift called life that i barely have time to blog on the weekdays now, but i will try for this one!! have an amazing day!!

Enchanted Oak said...

You don't have to try to remember the dates. I'll keep reminding you on my blog over the next four or five days.

Akannie said...

What a great idea. You are some kind of woman, Chris. I'm blessed beyond words to know you!

Thanks for sharing this, and I'm going over to Christina's with Kim!!

xoxoxox

Syd said...

What a great idea. I'll do it. Thanks for all that you do to make the world a better place and to give me something to write about!

Nessa said...

I need a secretary to remind me to do all of these wonderful ideas people have. I love your Haiku's sentiment. I did one today, too.

Sensational Haiku Wednesday

CiCi said...

What a generous plan.

Karen said...

Thinking already...a simple list would be easier, but I love a challenge!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a generous idea, I'll join in...

Shoshana392 said...

Lovely idea! I'll be participating. :)

Just Be Real said...

EO, I see a lot of others are praying . . . I will do my part.

Just Be Real said...

I already left a link at the top of my blog to yours. :)

Rosaria Williams said...

This is catching. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Count me in.....

Blessings,
Tammy

LadyFi said...

Lovely and generous idea!

C.M. Jackson said...

What a beautiful idea--I will link to you and send my post! C

RNSANE said...

I am do happy to participate, of course, Chris. I hope you get fifty responses as well.

Blessing Reflections said...

We are happy to be a part of your wonderful, generous, and worthy ministries..Our post is up!

Skogkjerring said...

Warm greetings from snowy Norway! I had already written my post for today which was about Simple Pleasures when another blogger commented and suggested I link that post up to your Simple Pleasures challenge. So I've re-done my post with a link to your challenge and hope it will bring the help needed!
Hugs from the gang at Eventyrhus :-)

Shoshana392 said...

My post is up!

Unknown said...

Beautiful & generous idea. I just posted my entry, but now have to go back and edit it. The entry I saw did not mention the dates. My link is http://hardworkinjudy.blogspot.com/2010/02/blessings-for-haiti.html

I'm going to go edit it immediately.

Thanks again and God bless!