Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software

Monday, November 15, 2010

No Butts, No Glory

This is a cruel photo.


I've attempted to reduce the damage by cropping the territory on the right side. Still, this is an example of what I was going on about yesterday. (The photo I was taking is the fourth one down on my sidebar.)

I wrote "No Guts, No Glory" (below) yesterday morning, but I wanted you to see it today if you hadn't already read my existential study of butts and that strange poem. Such courage! Such curiosity!

This morning, things are different in this blogger's life. I'm crashing. The steroid treatment has wound down. I slept for 10 hours. My lungs haven't come clean, they aren't sparkling new, I'm screwing them daily because I will not stop smoking. (Take a breathing treatment, Chris, and have a little ciggie after.) When I know the right thing to do and I choose not to do it, I give myself a crapload of inner conflict. Please don't give me advice.

But it's a gorgeous day in my neighborhood, and I'm hitting an AA meeting, and where there's life, there's hope.

15 comments:

The Bug said...

I'm sitting here eating a KFC mashed potato bowl - so no advise from me chickie! We'll just take it one day at a time & go from there :)

Magpie said...

"and where there's life, there's hope." Great attitude! :)

Monkey Man said...

Twelve step those cigarette. You know how it works.

Myrna R. said...

There's always hope.

Brian Miller said...

where there is life there is hope...carry on chris...

Unknown said...

No advice here, you hang onto that hope.....hope may kick that habit!

Karen said...

Fingers crossed for you!

Grace-WorkinProgress said...

Sometimes you are where you are, actually you are always where you are. It's a bummer sometimes.

Andrew said...

Oh boy! You're just like me!

Knowing what I need to do and obstinately refusing to do it.

C.M. Jackson said...

great writing--here's to feeling better and strong ---

the walking man said...

So from the picture I am assuming you have taken up Sumo for exercise?

Rachel Fox said...

Cruel but strangely intriguing that photo!
x

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Are you kidding? We're alcoholics... hold out as long as you can!

I was in a group yesterday where one of the women asked for prayer (She's not an alcoholic wink)

she said look can ya'll just pray for me to quit smoking already, I've tried everything, EVERYTHING...


In the middle of us holding hands and praying for her, we all prayed for the obsession to be lifted, for the habit to be broken, for freedom to be found from smoking (very quietly I heard her whisper, and maybe the drinking God) LOL

We hold onto the things we cannot stand to think about parting with because they are an embedded part of our existance... Good lord what would I be if I didn't....

Hope you feel better soon, and healing comes rapidly

Dianne said...

crap, in my ADD hurry I thought I read you'd quit smoking....fat chance! I think air the one thing we would die the quickest without...that's what my boyscout wilderness training taught me....

butts seem to be in the air today, (see WM),

wish Susan at Stony River a happy birthday, according to Hope at A Road Less Traveled.

as did Nemo in the Disney film, I'd touch your butt......!but not your cigarette butt....Ha!

Di

Syd said...

I like your photographic stance. We do get in weird postures to get that photo that we want. Hope that you feel better.