Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software

Saturday, December 26, 2009

There IS Peace on Earth


As these photos prove, the lion shall lie down with the lamb.
Okay, so it’s only my dogs Roxy and Riley with the kitten-cat named Mystery. Still, peace on my part of the earth exists between historic enemies.

I wish that were true of my fellow man. As I write this, though, I think of peace that exists today between historic enemies. France and Britain haven’t had a war in over a century. No one on American soil is enslaving black people or annihilating Native tribes. Romans are no longer conquering countries, Japan and the U.S. are trading partners, the Cold War has ended.

I know there’s war between peoples in both western and eastern hemispheres. Human beings are fighting other human beings, and it’s a story as old as history itself.

But there are also human beings helping human beings all over the world. I was deluged this month with requests for financial support to aid all kinds of humanitarian efforts. We were able to help a few, thank God.

Imagine how much money might have been raised if all of western civilization had bought one less gift each for Christmas, and donated that amount to humanitarian organizations. Hundreds of millions of dollars could have flowed into aid for suffering people.

Peace on earth will one day exist, I believe, but I think a supernatural event will bring it about. I have to be content with that belief, and seek peace myself. Psalm 34:14 tells us to seek peace, and not only seek it, but pursue it, chase after it, hunt for it.

So I’m hunting for peace. I found it in my dog and cat. Amen.

15 comments:

Shadow said...

that's a beautiful prayer. all i can say is "amen"

the walking man said...

In essence then Just Chris recognized that peace is within her heart.

It has always been there. Now that you know where it is, return to that room often, the view is worth the trip.

Be Well.

Woman in a Window said...

We take peace
where we can find it.
xo
erin

Tall Kay said...

Those have to be the cutest animal pictures I have ever seen! I think when we have peace in our hearts, we begin to see peace all around us. If we could all give just a little more than we take, can you even imagine? I hope it doesn't take a tragedy for us to see the light. Peace be with you!

Brian Miller said...

like a prayer breathed into the wind...peace on earth will come, but doubtfully because fo anything man or woman is able to do...not that we should give up trying though...

One Prayer Girl said...

You're right. We're on the same page. However, our animals aren't on the same page. You have a lion and lamb lying down together. We have skirmishes and battles between them here. :)

PG

Lou said...

Your idea could become one of those internet sensations, if enough people got behind it to make a massive difference. Chris, I say "let it start with me." Although we give, I will make it a point to consciously put one less gift under the tree next year, and put that amount into the red kettle.

Thank you for a painless idea to help one another.

Anonymous said...

When we were shopping for our family and chose a "Little Angel" off the giving tree, we had this talk. What if every family donated just one gift. No child would be without. What about one gallon pure drinking water or a loaf of bread. Do you know how many we could feed? My goodness, it only takes a random act of kindness to begin change.

Wonderful post. My dogs and cat get along peacefully as well. There is hope.
hugs
Tammy

Rosaria Williams said...

Peace with small gestures. I can live with that.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love these pictures and they so represent peace and the ability to get along. Wow. thanks. Sarah

Mary Christine said...

Love the photos. Really love the cat's eyes. Beautiful

Jason said...

You have a great blog here. It's a very interesting read. I have a blog myself which provides inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I'm hoping for my blog to be a place where people can go to hear the words the words they need to hear in order to brighten up their day.

I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around. Please let me know if this is possible.

Sincerely,
Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I love those photos and the way the sun is shining on them.Gotta love our animal friends..they teach us respect and peace..Mine are all buddies..they often share a chair or a beam of sunlight on the living room floor.I watch them all the time and purely enjoy their zen and often sillyness too!

Great post Chris Enchanted ;)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely magnificent photos of your critters. LOVE it :)

Syd said...

We give monthly to humanitarian programs through a deduction at work. It is a painless way to give and we can choose charities of our choice. I think that your idea is a marvelous one.